Menu
siobhank78
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

new mobile but poor reception

Hi, my husband swapped his iPhone 11 with my daughters Samsung S20+ and now has very poor connection to the Virgin network (and even sometimes to the connection to our wifi is poor). It is very temperamental - sometimes fine and mostly poor or no signal.  Any ideas why this is happening? The Samsung is only a few months old and was working fine for my daughter (who is with Sky mobile)

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: new mobile but poor reception

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're currently having with your new mobile connecting to the network and mobile signal.

I have been able to locate your mobile account from your user profile on the forums and cannot see any problems with connection in your area at the moment. Has anything improved with your signal since then? Were both the phones purchased from Virgin Mobile?

Regarding your issues with WiFi, Is this a Virgin Media WiFi connection that you are using or a connection from another provider?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As someone who frequents this forum a lot I'm starting to see posts popping up with a number of different problem using Virgin with the latest Samsung phones.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

siobhank78
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no the Samsung was my daughters on a sky pay monthly contract, but swapped as she prefers the iPhone. WiFi is with sky.  Does something need done to the phone even though it is unlocked and the virgin sim works in it (well apart from this awful connection issue)

thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nothing would need to be done to the phone you should be able to connect to any WiFi network with the phone as devices are not locked from getting.

You would need to contact Sky to get this looked into from their side.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
siobhank78
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no the Samsung S20+ phone was my daughters on a Sky pay monthly contract, but we swapped as she prefers the iPhone.

WiFi is with Sky.  I wasn’t sure if something needed done to the phone even though it is unlocked and the virgin sim works in it (well apart from this awful connection issue)

thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi siobhank78, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear about the connection issues when using the iPhone on WiFi. 

Can you please confirm if the handsets software is up to date and no updates are showing in the general settings?

Also, does the handset connect to other WiFi networks?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
siobhank78
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah all updates done and can get on to other WiFi’s fine. On my own ok tonight, it’s just so temperamental! 

thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post siobhank78,

Can you tell me how the services are currently looking on the Samsung handset?

Do you have issues with the Virgin Mobile SIM card or is this strictly an issue when connected to your home Wi-Fi provided by Sky?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
siobhank78
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My husband and I are getting very poor virgin mobile data when at home, but my husband is still out work and he finds at times the signal drops drastically. It cuts off calls, breaks the connection with the audio bitty. So unhappy we moved to virgin media now as we have never had a bad signal like this with any other phone provider. 

thanks for trying to help but feel this is just a case of virgin media not being good... 

thanks

siobhan 

0 Kudos