Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new enforced SIM

I have a non smart phone (samsung genio) which does me fine. I need my mobile, my wife is terminally ill and this is our lifeline. I have been forced to put in the new Virgin SIM and you can guess can't you, my phone no longer works - I imagine that this is because it is not a smart phone. I have tried every suggestion advised by Virgin as provided with the new SIM. As a last resort they advise to use old SIM but as they also advise the old SIM is deactivated when the new one is recognised. So here I am phoneless. Can anyone help me get my phone working and as supplementary questions, how can a firm as big as Virgin enforce a change on a customer when the change doesn't work on their phone ; and how ca they do it in the middle of a pandemic when you can't get in touch with Virgin to help with the problem. HELP !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new enforced SIM

For technical reasons and to facilitate the change to a new network carrier the SIM cards have to be replaced. The old cards are rebadged EE and the agreement with them is coming to an end.

Most likely your phone will need network unlocking but it is not a model with which I am familiar.

The good news is there are a couple of networks about that will work with that phone should you decide you want to keep it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Onyaboik, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're currently without service at this time due to the SIM change, I can appreciate the frustration caused. 

It might be that the SIM is locked as advised above, which is something we can try helping with or see what other options we have available. 

I'm going to send you a personal message and grab some details to get the ball rolling. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma - I have not nothing back since your last e-mail. I will be having to return the mobile I am currently borrowing in a few days - any chane that someoen is doing someting to help ??

tx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi onyaboik,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you have not been contacted by our team, I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you and we can look in to this further for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos