Menu
Hasher18
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new Sim issue on old PAYG phone

So I tried the new sim so-called-upgrade (Phh!) on my really old Nokia 6230 non-smart phone and it came up 'phone restricted'. Press undo. But that then comes up with Enter restriction code? So what is that. My letter didn't have an unblocking code, but there is a 'personal unblocking key' on the sim card holder. Is that supposed to be it cos that didn't work either. 

Filled the form in to request an unblocking code but no one from Virgin has bothered to contact me in over a week. 

So will Virgin send me a code to make this sim card work  and if not what do I do? Will my number be cut off in a few days if I can't get this new sim card to work. 

If Virgin's so called upgrade means my perfectly good phone won't work on Virgin network and they try and force me to buy a new phone they can do one and i'll take my business elsewhere. its not an upgrade if it cuts me off!!! 

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new Sim issue on old PAYG phone

Hello. I faced the same issues with my old Nokia 3410 but having read this forum for a few weeks, I decided to buy a new phone. En route, I did receive advice on how to unlock a Nokia phone which may have been locked into the old Virgin network before the 'upgrade' to enable Virgin to switch from EE to Vodaphone. If you browse this forum over recent weeks or search 'unlock Nokia' you may find some advice although it may not be the total answer. If you can catch the eye of a Virgin team member on the forum, he/she may well be able to help you individually.

I have great sympathy with your frustration and anger which I shared. I decided to opt to avoid the stress of 'upgrading' my old phone for the stress of finding and using a new one. I read here that the new red SIMs work in all new phones; and a new Doro mobile phone (not a smart phone) is not too expensive. In the end, I opted for a smart phone (my first new phone in 13 years) and, with a few hiccups, I have it working as I want on PAYG.

Hopefully, this will catch the eye of a VIrgin team member and he/she will make personal contact with you. 

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new Sim issue on old PAYG phone

PS: You could also enter your issue on Virgin's own thread above 'New Sim Issues'. You will see you are not alone and maybe you will get a team member to contact you individually. Good luck!

0 Kudos