Menu
itsimo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new SIM does not work

I have an old Nokia (5200) phone, first purchased on pay-as-you-go in 2008. I only use it for texts and urgent short phone calls. The chap in the shop set it up for me. I have absolutely no recollection of setting a password or other security details.

Earlier this month Virgin Media notified me by letter that it was sending me a new SIM.When I put it in, a "phone blocked" message came up, asking for a restriction code. I entered the unblocking number on the new SIM card. This was not recognised.

I now have a phone which doesn't work at all . I have the IMEA number (found on the original receipt) which I am happy to share if that's any use

I am getting really worried as I have no means of contacting anyone if I go out and something happens. I have a hospital appointment next week. Would be so grateful for any help

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM does not work

Hi itsimo, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new sim. That phone will not be compatible with our new sims. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
itsimo
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM does not work

Thanks- I had suspected that might be the reason.

Surprised not to have been offered the chance to upgrade

0 Kudos