Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

network key

AS virgin supplied a new sim to PAYG phones and this does not work . Are they in breach of

contracy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: network key

Hi roywelsh, thanks for your post.

Sorry for any problems you've had with your SIM replacement. As Pay As You Go numbers aren't within a contract there's no breach - however it's definitely something we'd like to help get sorted. 

If we're unable to unlock your device for the SIM replacement to work then we may be able to offer a replacement handset that's already unlocked and ready for the SIM to work. 

To discuss this further I'll get in touch via PM and hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I realize you are busy but my phone will stop working soon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @roywelsh

I can see that you have replied to Tom's Private Message - he is out of the office today but will reply back ASAP to help you out with your issue. He is working this weekend.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This sounds  like the problem I am having, yet no-one  from Virgin has responded to my post, so I have at least gained an insight into what might have to happen for me. I am under time pressure from receiving several texts from Virgin warning I will lose my services if I don't swap sim within so many days - how can they still be applying pressure when no-one is responding to people's problems? I think a conversation with Ofcom and/or BBC Watchdog program might be in order.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi debhorton01,

Thanks for your comment, I'm sorry to hear that you're also having some issues with your new SIM and haven't been able to get any help with this since.

I'm going to private message you so I can grab some details and help you further from there.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

See you there,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still thinking of contacting trading standards. I have £11. 00 in credit
As I see it. I have paid for a service which is not being provided.
0 Kudos