cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile

Timbo27
Joining in

have been with virgin since 200 200 days.  my current sim deal started 2011 and the cost has gone up by 280%,  this month the increase was 23%.  you cant speak to anyone in the uk,  and today i was offered a deal to 'keep' me which was dearer than the price comparison sites.  i was told that it is subject to different t's and c's,  however it reverts to the virgin payment facility which is what we have used in the past going directly.  as a customer since the nynex days, and worked in telecoms for many years and maintained one of the company's call centres i realise that customers are just stats and the company does not give a dam.  my son has left and gone elsewhere as they managed to move him off the tariff he was on,  my wife gets her sim today to move to another provider, and my other son intends to leave when the sim from our media package finished and we will look to change broadband provider as there is ftp available in our area.  i called yesterday and asked to speak to someone in the uk,  i was told to ring in again,  i then asked if the uk call centres were open, the response was '  I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE'  I rest my case.

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Timbo27

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Our Mobile customer support is not based in the UK. 

I am sorry for any conflicting information you may have received regarding this

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see you spoke with the team and they explained the discounts and price increase. I am very sorry if the team were unable to find a Tariff and price you were happy with and I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us. 

We wish you all the best with your new provider. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

thanks Vikki,  that is really sad as your md support office years ago assured us we would be protected.  there is no tariff anywhere at £35.74 per month which is what you are stating.  the customer discount/loyalty has only been assigned to the current deal,  so is not a discount/loyalty offer.  as i stated the cost to me has risen by 280%  yet your actual tariffs that i can see have only risen by so 50 %.  My partner activated her pac today,  and although you have acknowledged my post,  you have not answered anything which seems to be the way Virgin mobile seems to work.  as i stated you offer better prices for the same product through comparison sites,  yet loyal customers you  just say bye bye and good luck.  during my time in the telecoms business,  it is hard to build a customer base,  and to me retaining customers was always important.  we were told the most important person in the company was the customer as if you don't have customers you don't have a business.  I think Virgin may be pushing there customers away with the poor customer service and the inconsistency of the response from your staff.

Hi @Timbo27

I am going to send you a private message now to explain your Tariff cost in more detail. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide