Menu
cazaqueen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone delivery nightmare

Hi All and I really hope someone can help me as I am going around in circles.

Last Thursday, I ordered a new phone from virgin (switching from O2) with delivery due on Friday.

I had a missed call on Friday which I tried to reply to but could not get through and when I checked on Yodel - it turns out that my delivery had been cancelled and Virgin had asked for the handset to be returned to them. Turns out that the phone call I missed was a final security call - would have been nice for them to try again as we can all miss a call - I was in the garden at the time and coudn't get to my phones on time.

here's where the fun begins...

I called goodness knows how many people on Friday (over 2 hours in the phone) to be told several stories from saying my contract had been cancelled and I would have to start again to saying that mu handset had been reissued and I should get it Saturday or Monday.

Saturday came and went so by lunchtime MOnday, I called again (another 90 minutes from being transferred from pillar to post) only to be told that they were waiting for the phone to be returned from Yodel before they could issue another one and that i was promised a phone call with an update this afternoon. Well, having both my phones glued to me all afternoon, guess what - no phone call no I am a bit at a loss what to do.

Can anyone offer any advice please as I am really looking forward to getting this phone but the shine is definitely wearing from my initial excitement and I am not filled with confidence about virgin mobile

many thanks

Carol

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone delivery nightmare

Hi Cazaqueen,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile delivery looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

As its been a few days since you last updated your post, can I ask if you've had any further information about this?

When a handset has been lost in transit by the courier, our back office team usually undergo an investigation with the courier to find out what happened. If they conclude that it has indeed been lost in transit they will cancel the contract refund any money you have already paid for the loan agreement and you can then process a new deal with the sales team.

Please let me know if this has already happened and where you're at with the situation now.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
cazaqueen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan and thanks for replying.

I have made a few more calls since my post. Turns out that Yodel were not delivering the phone back to virgin until 30th November - shocking service - 10 days to return a phone.

Having spoken to another advisor on Monday, I was told that as soon as the phone is back in Virgins possession, my order will be cancelled and someone would be in touch to set my order back up and that I do not need to call again. I received my email notification of the cancellation of my order but have yet to receive a phone call to organise the new order.

If you could look into this for me I would really appreciate it as this issue has been dragging on since 20th November

many thanks and best wishes

Carol

0 Kudos
cazaqueen
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help with this please as I am still waiting for my call to reissue my phone?

or let me know the right number I can call to get this sorted

thanks all

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @cazaqueen 

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay in response, we've been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

I'm sorry that it has taken this long to get the phone back to us. Have we since been able to process this and get another delivered to you? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cazaqueen
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

Sadly I did not get anywhere as I was told that the deal that I signed up for had since expired and that if i wanted the same handset, I would have to pay £31 per month instead of the £23 per month I signed up for. Needless to say I tried to see if the original agreement could be honoured and was told that it could not be.

After another 90 minutes on the phone and being passed from one person to the other with still no resolution, I decided to then cancel my phone contract and stay with O2. All this happened because I missed a call on the day of delivery. I heard the house phone ring off and then heard my mobile ring downstairs but by the time I got to it, that had rang off. Despite me trying all day Friday to return the call - the order was cancelled as soon as the missed calls had been registered. 

Had I known I was to expect such an important phone call, i would have kept my phone with me at all time but I was not told.

I now have a case for a phone I do not have and have paid over £3 in calls to Virgin to try and get this sorted.

very, very disappointing - customer service is very difficult to get through to the right department

best wishes

Carol

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazaqueen, 

Thanks for your reply and update on this situation, I am truly sorry for this poor journey and experience you've had whilst trying to get a new phone from us. Your feedback will be most helpful in making our processes better and more streamlined, I am just sorry that there is limited help we can offer now and that you have decided to stay with O2. But we of course understand and wish you all the best!

If you would like to file a complaint about your experience you can do so with me.

Just so you have all the information at hand about this, please have a read of our Complaints Code Of Practice here - CCOP.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
cazaqueen
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

From what I have read elsewhere, it seems as though the complaints procedure is a waste of time. I would have liked to have joined Virgin Mobile and the deal I was offered was fantastic. As the order was cancelled despite my best efforts to get the issue resolved (missed phone call) and many hours on the phone (some of which has cost me money on my bill), I would have thought that some manager discretion could have been used to reinstate the deal I was offered - I find it hard to believe that this was not an option. This is the main reason that I have chosen to stay with O2 and will wait for further offers to come about.

All the best

Carol

0 Kudos