cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of incoming caller id,s

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone for quite some time now i get a problem where when some-one calls me all i get is a number no name or caller id. if i do a phone reset caller id comes back. its definatly not because all my callers are witholding there id,s. when i recently changed my number with virgin mobie this problem disapeared for a while but notice over back past couple of days the problem is back. has anyone got any idea at all what this could be and how to solve this issue please. phone is an iphone 11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ernie2009,

i’ve had a similar problem intermittently since transferring to Virgin Mobile in July, I’ve copied and pasted a reply to a previous post.

My contacts were also reformatted from 0123 456789A to 01 234 56 78 9A, this has also happened twice since my return from Majorca, I only realised this because incoming calls started displaying the number with "maybe - contact name" instead of just contact name. Changing the region from Uk to US and back again in - Settings / General / Language and Region then restarting phone restored the expected format and calls again showed the callers name. The expected format may be restored without having to restart the phone. There seems to be no reason why this happens, it just does, it’s just a “ benefit “ of being a Virgin Mobile customer along with unable to hear incoming calls whilst roaming. It’s also happened again since returning to Majorca on Tuesday, in settings/ mobile data/ sim applications/ roaming  it’s set to manual/ international at the moment in Majorca and manual/ national when in the Uk.  
Hope this helps

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

33 REPLIES 33

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ernie2009,

Thank you for your post. 

To confirm, are you referring to numbers saved in your handset or not? As numbers not saved wouldn't have a name next to them. They would just show the number and possibly the location calling from. 

^Martin

hi mrtin, its incoming id,s of names and numbers stored in my mobile. i think now ive sorted this but will confirm in 24 hors. many thanks for the reply.

Thank you for letting us know @ernie2009.

Please keep us updated on this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi everyone, well since i cme with this thread its still happening and worse. my daughter was stranded in birmingham and tried calling me but kept getting message sorry cant connect to this number. i asked my wife to call me and same again. now ive had to reset my iphone yet again as numbers came up but no names. hopefully some-one can help with both these problems. many thanks in adavance.

Thanks for coming back to us @ernie2009 and sorry that this issue is happening again.

Would you be able to try your sim card in a different phone, so that we can rule out the sim card as a cause of the issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi ernie2009,

i’ve had a similar problem intermittently since transferring to Virgin Mobile in July, I’ve copied and pasted a reply to a previous post.

My contacts were also reformatted from 0123 456789A to 01 234 56 78 9A, this has also happened twice since my return from Majorca, I only realised this because incoming calls started displaying the number with "maybe - contact name" instead of just contact name. Changing the region from Uk to US and back again in - Settings / General / Language and Region then restarting phone restored the expected format and calls again showed the callers name. The expected format may be restored without having to restart the phone. There seems to be no reason why this happens, it just does, it’s just a “ benefit “ of being a Virgin Mobile customer along with unable to hear incoming calls whilst roaming. It’s also happened again since returning to Majorca on Tuesday, in settings/ mobile data/ sim applications/ roaming  it’s set to manual/ international at the moment in Majorca and manual/ national when in the Uk.  
Hope this helps

many thanks steven ill try that and report back later.

hi smoggy, since i first wrote this thread its happened twice and didnt even realise untill yesterday when my daughter could not contact me. i had some-one tell me the same a couple of wks ago where they said they tried to call but couldnt get through. i switched off my phone yesterday then back on and people could call me but no no names cames up just numbers so did a reset on phone and hey ho names came back up again. im sure the problem will pop its head up again so havnt a clue why it does this. will give your idea a go and massive thnks for your help.

Hi Ernie2009,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am glad Smoggy239 has given you some helpful information about this issue, please let us know if this has helped the situation. 

Can I also ask if you managed to try the SIM in a different handset? If yes, was the issue still occurring?

Thanks,

Megan_L