Menu
dogsden
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

login prob

I had an account for about15 years or more, I cannot sign in, I do not remember what email address I used, but I know my user name and password - but Virgin doesn't recognise them.

I tried to register again but I live in France now and don't have a UK Post Code.  I can't remember the Post Code I used when I registered originally.

I received a text saying that Virgin is sending me a new SIM card but I don't know where it will be sent.

I can't seem to get hold of anybody to ask.  What shall I do?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: login prob

Hi Dogsden, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your online account looked into.

The first thing I'd like to ask is if this is for a Mobile or Media account?

Also, seen as you said you're now in France its worth asking if you still have an active account with us or have you disconnected?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dogsden
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have a mobile account.  I have had 50 messages back and forth to Virgin about this problem and in the end they sent a link but I cannot access it from my phone, I only use it for calls and sms, not internet.  All I want to know is what to use to log in to my account, having forgotten the post code I used originally, years ago, and because it says my user name and password aren't recognised.  For a major media company I find it incredible that nobody can help me. I shall have to get a new SIM from a competitor to use in future.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dogsden

Thanks for your post

What I would have ti advise is that if you're no longer a UK resident our support would be limited, as part of our terms and conditions is that it must be based in the UK.

We can offer you services in other EU countries under the Roam Like Home scheme, however this should only support a user certain amount of time.

How long have you lived in France?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
dogsden
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In that case, as I cannot sign in to my account, after 85 texts back and forth to Virgin's help section during the last 2 days, I shall have to stop using Virgin and use giff gaff, they seem to be much more user friendly.  I have been a loyal Virgin customer for about 15 years or more, albeit only for texts and calls not mobile data, and I seem to have been thrown on the scrap heap.  You might not be able to help because I don't live in the UK now but Virgin is still happy to take my money!

so bibi Virgin.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response dogsden,

Please give our team a call on 0345 600 0789 and we'll seek to assist you with the cancellation, sorry we're unable to support you outside the UK

Best wishes,

David

0 Kudos
dogsden
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

David,

How long can I go on using the credit on my existing SIM? And can I keep the same number when I sign up with another company?

Denise

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dogsden, 

Really sorry for any upset that this has caused and the trouble you're having getting a resolution on this. 

So as advised, you can use the service outside the UK but as per our roaming policy this shouldn't be done on a permanent basis. Also regardless of where you are, we will certainly always do what we can to help so I can only apologise if you've been advised otherwise. 

We do have some options as you're outside of the UK, we can send the SIM to a UK address and this would then need to be activated and sent to you, but within this time you would have no service. If that is something you want to do then let us know, but again we can't guarantee you'll always have service outside of the UK and it's best to have a look at our roaming help page here

The other option is if you don't want to keep using the Virgin services is that we can provide you with a PAC, but you would need to use the credit before doing that. The PAC can also only be used to transfer the number to another UK provider. 

Please let me know what you think or if you have any further questions, I can assure you we'll be around to help. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
dogsden
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma-C,

I will use my credit then ask for a PAC.  How long have I got to use the credit on the original SIM?

Denise

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can't give a specific date at the moment, this is individual for all customers. 

We would continue to send messages regarding the new SIM, you'll then receive messages to say you've got two weeks and then a few days left to use the SIM before it stops working so we will give you some notice. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos