Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lifetime data

just got a new phone with 1gb data as i thought because i had 5 x lifetime data i would get 6gb but looking at my account it will not be there after june 20th when my old sim only deal ends.

how can it be called lifetime if it only lasts while you are on a certain  tarrif . lifetime sudgests as long as you are a virgin mobile customer. if i can sen this phone back i would cancel my contract as i feel tricked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: lifetime data

Yeah, it's a common complaint. Lifetime is referring to the contract. Change the contract and the lifetime benefits disappear unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

its as if they are luring you in with false promises . i will complain through the correct channels and find the right ombudsman and complain to them if all fails.

if i am given a lifetime gaurentee then you would expect it to last a lifetime not untill your are a year older.just an example of the phrase lifetime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You weren't you were given a lifetime guarantee for the tariff which you changed - good luck with getting anyone to listen to your complaint. Sorry but you have totally mis understood the situation - nothing is offered on a lifetime deal with the person , it's always the product. Like my Tomtom. it was lifetime updates but that's the lifetime of the machine NOT my lifetime!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the lifetime of the tariff. you killed the tariff by changing. You misunderstanding of the life time of your tarriff anf not you lifetime is not going to be an argument if its in the T&S you never read

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

very missleading when it say's lifetime data and not lifetime of contract data. hiding this in the terms and conditions is very wrong and decietful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lifetime to me in this context is lifetime of you being a virgin mobile customer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lifetime is subjective to anything you want to mean. Unless you read the context you can't be sure. how did the T&C define lifetime?

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@laneysnr wrote:

very missleading when it say's lifetime data and not lifetime of contract data. hiding this in the terms and conditions is very wrong and decietful

I see no one is crying along with you - so go and enjoy your Sunday eh? 🙂 

0 Kudos