Menu
sunnyL1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lied to by virgin mobile

as a loyal customer to virgin for many years, i decided to upgrade and come out of my VIP tariff to a new samsung S20 tariff and upgrade, on the 9th Jan 2021, then decided that i did not want the phone on the 15th Jan, a few days later, i contacted Virgin Mobile and was told they would send me packaging to return the phone within 3-5 days. Its now the 29th Jan and still not received anything and many calls later chasing nothing. i explained the urgency of returning and changing to a S21 ultra as better camera and options as currently i cannot use the current phone or download applications, set up accounts, or use the phone as i don't want to damage the phone if sending back, this is causing disruption to my business, today i have now just been informed that even after sending back the phone it could take a further 15-21 days to process the cancellation before i can get swap to the S21 ultra, originally i was told it would be a few days once ive returned. i have already waiting over 15days and not received anything. This is outrageous customer service, and i require someone to contact me before i cancel my contract with virgin mobile and all my virgin media services and tell all family and friends 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: lied to by virgin mobile

Hi sunnyL1,

Welcome to the Community Forum and apologies for our delayed response.

I'm very sorry to hear you've not had the best experience when trying to upgrade your handset and tariff, I can appreciate your frustration with what's happened. 

I can see that you have been able to speak with us since posting, can you let us know if you've been able to get things sorted? If not we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
sunnyL1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Beth, i ordered a new Phone and then within the 14 days i decided it did not meet my requirements, i arranged to return on the 12th jan and was told i would receive a jiffy bag within 3-5 days and will able to return. I waited and nothing came i then called back after 6-7 days only again to be told the same, again i waited and even said that i would be happy to post my self and pay for postage recorded delivery and i was told it was not possible to do this and i had to wait for a new jiffy bag.
I waited again and nothing came, all this time i was unable to use the phone as i ran the risk of wear and tear and afraid to get it marked, also i was unable to download any apps, make accounts, use the phone as normal knowing it will be returned.
eventually after requesting to speak to a supervisor i refused to wait for another jiffy bag and wait another week, i demanded an alternative, i was then told that they could email me a label which i could print off and post back the phone, something i requested from day 1.
I printed of the label and sent the phone back, since then the phone has been received by Virgin and that matter is closed. Ive now been told that the phone i want is now out of stock due the delays and i have to wait in the queue for a new one which is due in march so now im without a phone for a month and in a much worse situation.
This is unacceptable having been a very loyal virgin mobile and virgin media paying customer for many years, paying over £160.00 per month.
i am not happy with the way this has been handled, without thinking of the customer
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can really understand your frustrations with this. I wish I could tell you that it can be solved here and now but if the phone you want is out of stock, there is nothing that I can do in that regards. 

Can you confirm which phone it is? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos