Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

keeping my old mobile number

I had a virgin pay monthly SIM card but after speaking with the help desk I have been put onto the Ooomph package with mobile SIM included and was sent a new SIM card with different number I want to keep my old number but have been going round in circles for the last week. I got through to the call centre this morning only to be told that because it is virgin to virgin I can not keep my old number, this can not be correct can it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: keeping my old mobile number

You need to speak to the Oomph Team. Ring 150. They can do it 789 can't 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have tried both numbers, one person actually told me that because I was swapping virgin sim to virgin sim you can't take your old number with you. I have been told twice now that they will get somebody from the oomph team to phone me back within 48 hrs which has never happened. I do not know what else I can do
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello CliveG

Sorry to hear of the mix up with your SIM when changing to the Oomph package, thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forum to make us aware and welcome to the community.

I can guess exactly what has happened here, instead of setting you up on the Oomph tariff on your existing number with us, a new one has been set up.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get this looked into further.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos