Menu
Lisac1768
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

issues setting up mobile sim as a new customer and registering for a mobile account online

I received a new sim for my mobile yesterday. I am a new customer and want to transfer my number over from bt. I have my PAC code ready.

I need to firstly register for a mobile account online, but cannot do this successfully. I enter the mobile number given on the letter accompanying my sim, but then I am asked to enter my password to a security question of my mothers maiden name. 

I am unable to successfully do this, as I haven't set up any security question for virgin mobile and are reaching a "dead end"! I cannot get to speak to any one. I have rung twice and hung on for over 30 minutes and am not impressed with the service already!

Please can someone from virgin help me out on this!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: issues setting up mobile sim as a new customer and registering for a mobile account online

Hi Lisac1768,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues creating your online account,

Have you been able to do this since posting yesterday? Have you tried to input the characters of the maiden name? If so, what happens?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lisac1768
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: issues setting up mobile sim as a new customer and registering for a mobile account online

Thank you for your reply.

Yes fortunately I have managed to create an online account. This was thanks to my son researching the issue for me.

Apparently the password for the security question of my mother's maiden name, needed to be input in capitals .. all upper case!

There was no mention of this on the page, which I find very uninformative! I would recommend that this is clearly stated for other users in future. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any confusion with this Lisac1768,

Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos