Menu
marys3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

invalid sim

i have a nokia 1616 that i purchased from Virgin with PAYG about  20 years ago. when put in the new sim card Virgin sent me says invalid sim. calls to 789 either get cut off after holding for more than 20 minutes or when get through to operator after conversation told to hold but then cut off. I understand that it is because it is an old phone but i do not want to upgrade 1 because i cannot afford a new phone 2 i rarely use the phone as i have difficulty hearing on mobile handsets so only use in emergency. i have requested unlocking code to no avail. So i want a refund of my credit, the phone unlocked and i will then how to transfer my number to another provider . can anyone advise?

thank you

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: invalid sim

Hi Mary23,

Thanks for using the forum to get an answer to your SIM answer. 

I can see you posted about this a while ago, can I ask if you still need help with this? If so, we can help get a new SIM sent out to you if you need a replacement 🙂 Let me know 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
marys3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

as stated i have already received a new sim card from virgin which when put into my nokia handset says invalid sim. I have been told that this is because my handset was locked to a previous virgin network as handset over 20 years old. I want to get the handset unlocked but as i cannot answer security questions as i cannot remember ever setting up an account at Virgin for this handset and sim - it is PAYG. As I cannot get the phone unlocked by virgin I want a refund of the credit on my sim.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry about this Marys3, 

If it's showing as invalid we do have options, but due to the age we might not be able to unlock it. 

I'll pop you a personal message to see if we can get some more details and take it from there. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos