cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in america unable to make calls and texts

shcleofish
Joining in

Hi, we are on holiday in America and i am not able to make calls or text messages.I cannot connect to the internet either. 

I am able to use the wifi in the hotel at the moment and I can also receive text messages.

I tried texting the virgin query number but that doesnt work either.

I received settings when we landed and i installed and downloaded that profile.

I am on an iphone13.

would be really grateful for any help.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shcleofish, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your mobile service whilst in America, we will do all we can to help. 

Restrictions on using the service can be put in place if you have previously added a spending cap on your tariff. Using the service in America will be charged so if a spending cap is in place, this will not allow you to exceed this set amount. 

Charges for roaming in America can be found here

Please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Mr_Mike
On our wavelength

Roaming in the US is brutally expensive, especially data. As mentioned by forum team Natalie, you may simply have hit your spending limit - possibly by the time you got off the plane. I would suggest you take a look at Airalo with a view to purchasing an eSIM which will provide data coverage almost 1000x times more cheaply, and then advise anyone likely to call you to do so using something like WhatsApp rather than a regular voice call.