Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

im at my witts end with VM

Hi All,

I dont know where else to turn so I am here hoping I can get some advice....

in 2018 my wife left me, this resulted in me entering an IVA, Virgin Mobile was listed as one of the creditors for the outstanding cost of the handset.

I havent used the phone contract since 2018 and have asked VW many times to cancel the contract as its past its 2 year agreement.  they have constantly refused because there is an outstanding balance on the handset, but this balance is part of an IVA....I have made 4 complaints sent them recorded delivery proof of the IVA they keep apologising and say they will deal with it, they have also said that they will refund me the monthly payments I've been paying for the call time as long as they can see I havent used the sim, which I havent.

When I last complained two months ago that this is still ongoing they said they will get back to me in so many days, they even said last time that this was disgusting and they were reporting themselves to offcom. I have now paid out in call time monthly payments more than what was outstanding on the handset. and its still not sorted out. two months ago I told them I have cancelled my DD as I refuse to pay anymore as this situation has been going on for two years.

Now instead of dealing with the issue they are chasing me for payments on a call time contract that they wont let me cancel. and that I havent used for two years.

I dont want to ring the complaints department just for them to apologise and tell me that they will deal with it, for them to do noting.

what can I do to get this resolved?

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: im at my witts end with VM

I think a Virgin Forum monitor should deal with this privately. Perhaps a kindly VIP could escalate.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ahrbee wrote:

I think a Virgin Forum monitor should deal with this privately. Perhaps a kindly VIP could escalate.

I've already done it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mart702, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry for the whole experience and any upset caused, this is something I would like to discuss with you over in a private message so I can get some further information and see how we can help from here. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emma, I just want to say thank you, I have been struggling for so long to get this sorted out, you have been amazing, thank you so much, faith restored in VM thanks to you !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad we got there in the end, I can appreciate how frustrating this whole situation has been for you. 

Any further issues do let us know 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team