cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone region switching issue

mcjay669
Joining in

Ever since joining virgin mobile I’ve been having a strange issue regarding my phones region. It keeps changing to different regions and not allowing me to make phone calls due to “no credit” which is wrong as I am on the unlimited Everything contract. The only way to change back is to keep manually changing my region to Belgium, reboot the phone then change back to the UK. The region change keeps  happening randomly without me even leaving the house. I have restarted my phone Numerous times and have also upgraded to the latest version of iOS (13.6) but it keeps happening. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JC23 There has been no fix at present but if you follow the thread then

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If you roam just do the same but select international 

What the problem seems to be is that the Automatic setting fails from time to time. It only appears to effect iPhones and then not all of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

51 REPLIES 51

ps2mint
Dialled in

I’ve had this issue since switching to Virgin. The format of my contacts in the address book keep on changing as you outlined.

I got fed up of constantly having to change the region on my phone so read on the Apple Community that a fix is to re-programme all of the numbers in your address book with the +44 format. Eg for a mobile +447 (as you miss the 0 off). Haven’t had any issues since this.

Hope it helps.

So recently switched to virgin mobile and this keeps happening to me. Can’t believe i have to reformat my phone numbers / contacts to remedy this. Why isn’t the root cause being resolved at virgin media’s end?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well known problem.

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi GeoffStone,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this issue. We are aware of this matter and it has been reported.

In the meantime we ask you to follow our valued member @enlli advice until this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

GeoffStone
On our wavelength

@enlli wrote:

Well known problem.

Make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

Thanks, so effectively setting the iPhone to manual roaming, correct?  Sad thats its so well known as a problem but not resolved on Virgins’ end. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this issue GeoffStone.

We are working as quickly as possible to get this issue rectified. We do appreciate your patience with this matter.

Kind regards Jodi. 

GeoffStone
On our wavelength

• @Jodi_S wrote:

Hi GeoffStone,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this issue. We are aware of this matter and it has been reported.

In the meantime we ask you to follow our valued member @enlli advice until this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I will switch off the roaming as per @enlli post, but frustrating that I should have to do that. Do you have a timeframe for a permanent fix that resolved this issue on your end?

thanks

Currently we don't have an estimated fix time GeoffStone.

We are collecting examples of customers who are affected and I have sent your post across this morning for you.

I do apologise I can not give you more information at this moment in time.

Many thanks Jodi. 

Hi

Has there been any movement in resolving this issue? I’m getting really feed up with having to change regions every few weeks.

Regards,

JC