Menu
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

iPhone call ends when choosing switchboard option

i have an iPhone 12 iOS 14. When I make a call that requires me to choose a switchboard option number eg ring a dr or hospital the phone call just fails as soon as I choose the option. Help ! No way to contact my GP as no house phone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone call ends when choosing switchboard option

Hi @Cleethorpe

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your iPhone, I can appreciate this is not ideal. 

Just to clarify, does the call drop as soon as you choose an option or does it have a dial tone? 

May seem obvious, but have you restarted the phone? 

Have you checked with family or friends to see if they have the same issue? Could be a particular number which is dropping but just want to double check. 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i get through to the original number and listen as the message gives the options. I pick one (have tried a few of them) it goes silent then I get 3 beeps. Then the line goes dead. My husband has an iPhone also but not on virgin . He can call and choose an option with no trouble. 

0 Kudos
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have tried restarting the phone. Occasionally it sounds like it is about to ring after choosing the option , but cuts off before it does.I have tried it on WiFi calling and normally cell phone 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the additional information Cleethorpe, can you confirm a couple of further details for me please:

• Is the phone on speaker when you experience the issue? If so, can you try again with this feature turned off
  • What color is the background when entering the additional number? It should have a black background.

Rob

0 Kudos
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have tried on speaker phone and normal phone. The keyboard is black.

I previously had problems with the phone thinking it was dialling from Belgium. I applied the fix I found online which worked intermittently. Eventually I added +44 to all my numbers. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Cleethorpe, was that fix to go to Settings / General / Language and Region and change my Region to Belgium (it was saying UK) and then back to UK?

You mentioned before you had rebooted the phone, was it by completing the following steps:

• Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.

• Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.

• Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.

This won't reset the phone or any of it's features so you won't lose any data you may have on the handset.

Rob

0 Kudos
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

relating to languages yes that was what I did. 
I have now restarted my phone how you described, but will test on the number in the morning as the gp is now closed and the options aren’t available.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow

thanks 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted on this. We wait to hear from you in the morning. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Cleethorpe
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have done as asked in previous replies but I still have the issue. 

0 Kudos