Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iPhone X incoming calls

Hi all,

Would appreciate a spot of help with a frustrating issue with my iPhone X, which has started the last month or so.

A significant number of incoming calls go straight to voicemail, and all I see are ‘missed call’ messages appear on my screen. Sometimes it takes the other person 3-4 of these attempts before my phone actually rings.

I've reset network settings, changed network (from automatic to manual), switched off bluetooth.. anything I can think of to help resolve this, but it persists.

Any others experiencing this?

Cheers 🙂

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone X incoming calls

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having @mrshift.

Have you been able to get this resolved since you last posted? I don't want to change any settings, if you have managed to get this fixed.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply. No joy as of yet, unfortunately. This 'missed call' error was still occurring as of a couple of days ago. Happy to follow any of your recommendations. NB I'm not sure if it's anything to do with a mast that's apparently been down near us for a couple of months? (Though changing between automatic and manual [Virgin] hasn't made any difference.)

Cheers,

Andy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey mrshift,

Do you have another handset that you could try the sim card in? So we can narrow down if it is the phone or the sim that is causing the issues.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Ah, makes sense, but sorry, I don't think so - I believe my other half's iPhone is locked to EE, as is my older iPhone SE. 😞

Open to any further suggestions, thanks?

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Just wondered if you had any thoughts on this, thanks? This issue is still affecting my phone today - had two people try to call me, and both times they get cut off (without the phone even ringing), and I just receive missed call notifications.

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

I don't suppose there's any chance of this being escalated, or please advise how to do so? This is currently affecting 90-95% of all incoming calls (and I use my mobile for both business and personal use), whereby no one can reach me and I have to return their calls. As I say, it rings for less than a second and all I see is the missed call notification. For the person at the other end trying to call me, it's like I've immediately hung up on them. Outgoing calls are fine.

Many thanks,

Andy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrshift

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply. 

Have you got WiFi calling enabled? If so, can you disable it on the phone to see if this fixes things?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos