Menu
_Preecer_
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 12 contacts not displaying

Hi guys, I’ve only had my device since November, the last few weeks if any of my contacts call or text message, their name doesn’t display, just their number. Pretty annoying when it just shows a mobile number calling.

Strangely if I go in to the recent call logs after the name appears. Any ideas what’s happened or how to rectify? Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 contacts not displaying

Interesting. Mine did this today when connected to the car bluetooth, first time that I've noticed it but the name did display on the car screen and it shows the name in the call log. I would suggest that this is a problem with Apple though rather than VM. 

What version of IOS are you running 

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the opposite opinion - it’s all with VM. I had the same problem (amongst other things) on an iPhone XR with VM’s Vodafone 5G SIM. The fix was somewhere in the switching region away from UK and then back again, or going into SIM settings and changing the roaming to manual>National. Might also be linked with Dial Assist.
These are ll settings you should not have to play about with, or care about, but I understand VM uses a non-standard SIM.
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @_Preecer_

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I've seen a couple of instances like this on our Forums where users have reported the same and a Factory reset has resolved this. I appreciate this is not ideal, but is it perhaps something you can try?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The problem lies with Virgin and their Belgian SIM cards

Try this

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

After that select any other nation in Dial assist before switching it back to UK 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input @enlli,

@_Preecer_ if you could try this first, that would help with our troubleshooting 🙂

Let us know how you get on and we will go from there. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos