Menu
Irman
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 12 and virgin service

Hi

I recently changed my phone from iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 Pro Max.Since got iPhone 12pro virgin services are dropping .Soemtimes no bar at all.Never happened with iPhone 6s .Do you think I need to change sim?or is there any way or setting I need to change .
thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 and virgin service

This is likely due to you switching from using EE to Vodafone for coverage.

Virgin are currently in the process of moving its mobile service from the EE network to Vodafone, depending on mast locations you may see an improvement or loss of service.

The only advice that can be given is either contact Virgin and return the device and look at another network that provides better coverage in your area or to enable WiFi calling service to keep you connected at home when signal is weak or not available.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Irman
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for your advice .But I felt the virgin and iPhone 12 doesn’t get along .I feel it might need changing sim or setting🤔

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Very unlikely to improve signal by changing sim and if the iPhone is using its default settings it also wouldn't be able to improve the signals.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You could try checking coverage here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker?icmp=uk~1_consumer~topnav~quicklinks~4_network_sta...

0 Kudos
Irman
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It’s the same coverage area covered by iPhone 6s .That’s why I am confused what has changed ?in 2-3 days .Yeaterday it was working but it was out of range today's.Appears to be temperamental .One of my friend has new iPhone 12 as well and she was struggling with network as well .Do you think it could b the new iPhone causing trouble 🤔

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is the issue happening in just one place or everywhere ?

How long have you had the iPhone 12?

There has been some reports of issues with signal on iPhone 12 but not sure how widespread the issue is.

Irman
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I think issue is with iPhone 12.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried sim in old iphone to see what signal is like?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Irman,

Apologies for the late response, have you been able to get your signal issues sorted since your post? IF not then I've also sent you a PM to get your mobile details.

You can check your mobile coverage here: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/coverage-checker-test

If it's only at home, perhaps try WIFI calling: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos