Menu
adamwells95
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Number format changing to belgium

Every 1 - 4 weeks my number format on all of my numbers that do not begin with +44 change to a Belgium format. 

For instance:

UK: 07708 123 123

Belgium: 07 708 12 31 23

So any contacts I call it tries to call the Belgium equivalent number. 

I have looked online and this has been a recurring issue on Virgin sims for years. I do not want to change any settings, roaming, or any of these other temporary fixes as it keeps coming back. 

I never had these issues on O2. It has been immediate since porting to Virgin. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max - Number format changing to belgium

Usually the fix I put out cures it. However, if you don't want to change any settings then you are stuck as Virgin SIM cards are actually Belgian and iPhones occasionally think they are in Belgium. There is no way to change that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max - Number format changing to belgium

It's a simple settings change that allows the iphone to change the country to UK and doesn't affect anything else.

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Mmake sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos