Menu
Malpotrav1
Joining in
Message 41 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: iMessage won’t activate

Possibly .. I would advise keep trying or just leave it on activation ! I tried everything when it was not work for me ! I even tried different Iphone with my SIM card - it didn’t work at that time !!! 

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 42 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Most likely an Apple issue. What I have found works is restoring the iPhone from an iTunes backup when iMessage/FaceTime were working, if you can.

Also note Apple recently stopped accepting activation requests for iMessage & FaceTime on iOS 6 (and possibly iOS 7).

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
swanyadi
Joining in
Message 43 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Over month I can't activate my iMessage. Virgin send me 3 new SIM card . And stil nothing change. I am so disappointed. Please help me . Thank you. 

0 Kudos
mcquaim
Joining in
Message 44 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Did anyone figure this out?

I just switched today and it won’t activate for me either. I contacted chat support and this guy Fred said to change the number in the phone settings and restart and then try and activate again. 

It didn’t work. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mcquaim, welcome to our forums.

When did you last switch imessage off and on in the settings?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mcquaim
Joining in
Message 46 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan,

Im constantly switching it off and on again in the hope it will eventually activate.

When I do this I simply get that text message from ‭+44 7786 205094‬ with a loads of characters that I imagine should arrive in the background to activate it.

Ive logged a ticket with support but I’ve heard nothing from last Friday apart from a Monica girl on Twitter DM saying it’s still being investigated.

Cheers,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, when you say Twitter DM do you mean Virgin or Apple? 

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mcquaim
Joining in
Message 48 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan,

Yeah, Virgin Support chat on Twitter.

Monica logged the ticket for me with tech Support.

It must be a Virgin issue as a Three sim inserted into the phone enables the activation just fine.

I read if a carrier doesn’t support the iMessage activation you will get that text from ‭+44 7786 205094‬ but when I put this to  support they said they do support iMessage and FaceTime activation...

Time will tell I guess.

Cheers,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Ok, are you able to send me a private message with the screenshot of the conversation with tech support?

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
swanyadi
Joining in
Message 50 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

My I have the same problem. I did call many times to virgin and apple and ... nothing help . The guy from apple connect to my iphone hi set up my iphone and still not solved .... Hi told me virgin foult ..

Anyone can help me ...? Please 

0 Kudos