cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage not activated

Leem84
Joining in

Hi, recently joined switched from 02, can’t send iMessage only email works for this. I’ve done all the tips that people have said to do on here and YouTube. Can anyone help??

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leem84 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with iMessages at this time.  Can you please try these steps to see if this resolves the issue.  Go to Settings.

•    Scroll down and click Phone.

•    Click My Number.

•    Tap the number showing and edit it with the correct number.

•    Click OK.

•    Click Save.

•    Go back to Settings.

•    Scroll down and click Messages.

•    Turn iMessages off and then back on again.

•    Turn off device.

•    Turn on device again after at least 30 seconds have passed.

Try then sending an iMessage and let us know if you have any further issues at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Done that, still same issue 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for trying this @Leem84 

Sorry those steps did not work for you. Can you confirm how long ago did you have your number ported over? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Well it was meant to be last Friday, but I’ve had loads of trouble with them. 

Right okay, do you know that you number has been successfully ported yet? Do you have any issues with any of your other contact features such as calls and ordinary texts? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I did have trouble receiving calls and text messages but that seems to be resolved. But the iMessage just doesn’t work 

Thank you for confirming @Leem84 

If the issue does remains, Apple register the number for iMessage, but because it's the original number and not the ported in one, it can take up to two weeks for Apple to refresh the database.

Please do let us know if you still have any issues after 14 days from the day of doing the above steps for it to update and we'll investigate further if this is still an issue for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley