Menu
annanour
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

how to cancel SIM card

Hello,

I am trying to cancel my SIM card that i havent used. It looks like this is impossible to do so. I have been ignored over chat and on phone. Moved from one agent to another, giving the same details over and over. Many calls on hold for more than 20 minutes!!!!!!!

Can someone advice how to cancel SIM card?

Cheers,

Anna

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to cancel SIM card

What sort? 30 day contract, Longer contract or PAYG?

How are we in a situation where the card has never been used?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
annanour
Joining in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

it is a 30day contract. i have never used this card. 

i called few customer numbers so far. the moment i say " i want to cancel my sim" i am being put on hold for more than 20 minutes or said that this is not a correct number. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

OK.  As Virgin have not done 30 day contracts for a couple of years (except for those with Freestyle phones) 

I'm going to ask if this was bought through Carphone Warehouse?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
annanour
Joining in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

it was all done last year via Virgin. it is part of 0omph. i called virgin media they said it is with virgin mobile. i called virgin mobile they said it is with virgin media. they also said that there is a Dedicated team that can handle it. called all numbers given to me, been on hold each time more than 20minutes. 

they said i can cancel it anytime, which now i see that this is impossible to do

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Well if it is Oomph then the good news is there is no separate charge for the SIM. You pay the same SIM or no SIM

I know for certain all Oomph SIM cards are handled via Virgin Media on 150 from a Virgin Landline and Not Virgin Mobile on 789

Hopefully one of the team will pick this up. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Do you still have a Oomph package?, If yes, the SIM is part of it and not sure if it can be cancelled.  The team you need to talk to are called "FMC" who handle all Oomph package queries - ringing 150 from the Virgin landline should take you straight to them if you still have a Oomph package.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
annanour
Joining in
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

it is only SIM card, so no other package and this is now for £0 but will be around £50 in a couple months. 

i dont have virgin landline or this SIM card (never received it) so cannot call to 150.

0 Kudos
annanour
Joining in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

this charge is only for SIM card bc i only have 0omph package for SIM card.

my TV and broadband are not in the same package as this SIM card- this is what i was told and also was told that i can cancel any time. Looks like i cannot cancel this SIM card and soon will be paying for something i havent recieved or even used, since i dont have this SIM card.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@annanour wrote:

it is only SIM card, so no other package and this is now for £0 but will be around £50 in a couple months. 

i dont have virgin landline or this SIM card (never received it) so cannot call to 150.

I'm not sure how you've managed to get an Oomph SIM or bundle without a landline as it's part of the bundle i.e. an Oomph bundle is all four services.

An Oomph SIM is included as part of the total cost for the Oomph bundle. Any increase is part of the Oomph deal as a whole rather than for the SIM specifically.

If you cancel an Oomph SIM you would come off the Oomph bundle and move to a different Broadband, TV and Phone bundle and price.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos