Menu
samsam123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

how do i contact virgin if i don't remember my log in details

I found out a few days that virgin media has put a default on an account i had with them years ago. The amount of default is £19. I currently pay £70 a month to virgin media so tell me how a default of £19 happened and which has now messed up my credit file which has gone from excellent to fair. 

The background to this case is:

An old account  had with virgin media that I had infact cancelled to take up another mobile service with them which offered better deal. I called them to cancel the original one as I did not need 2. Unknown to me they did not cancel the service but continued charging me for years. I was not great at checking my account and did not notice that the charge was still going on. If virgin were to  look back at the activity records of the mobile  they would see that it was not used for years during the time I was being charged.  The lack of use should be an indicator that the phone had been cancelled. When I found out I canceled my direct debit and explained this to virgin,  and expected that this would be the end of it and I would get a refund. 

I did not follow it up as I was too busy and life took over. You can imagine my surprise when I applied to get a mortgage to suddenly be turned down. I checked my credit file to see the red flag added by virgin for this issue. I was shocked and tried to call virgin to fix this issue but I cant seem to be able to get past the whole security questions. I keep going round in circles and cant get an agent to actually sort/fix this issue. How do they expect me to remember questions about an account I have not had access to for years.

I can't seem to be able to locate an email to contact them virgin as I can possible just add the info i have on the account. 

I am angry, frustrated and devastated as this is now having a negative impact on my order wise perfect credit. I don't know what to do and what is worse is that it is virgin's fault that this happened yet I am the one paying for their mistake. It's funny because I am still a virgin customer. They are taking my money and at the same time destroying me.

I need help and answers. How do I get in touch with them to sort this out without having to go through that whole security question. I need urgent help please

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i contact virgin if i don't remember my log in details

Good morning @samsam123 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with a previous charge on your account. 

I can take a look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can look into this further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos