Menu
Jostro65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

horrendous cust service? just me?

is it just me or is cust services getting worse?

paid off handset to do upgrade, but only after over an hour on chat and having to repeat the same things over and over, i eventually got my upgrade done. only to find couple days later they took the payment twice, bad enough if it was 30/40 quid or so, but they managed to do a £345 payment twice.

after over 2 hours on the phone today, between chat and actually speaking to people, being passed pillar to post, having to repeat security at every step, i got to the refunds dept, who quite happily tell you they'll be delighted to correct their mistake and you can just wait 7-10 working days to have your money back, thanks for your call!

ok, you can just have your upgrade back and ill be closing my 5 mobile numbers cos your customer service is so ball-breakingly bad, i almost gave up the will to live having to deal with you.

every advisor wants to tell you how great the website is and that you can do everything on there, yup, everything except get my refund and close my numbers, the reason i have to actually speak to you so stop wasting my time with useless info that i already know and sound as if you'll try to help instead of scoring added value points on my call.

Retentions? "sorry sir, how many numbers are you closing, 5? ok, that'll take me some time. reason for closing?" "rubbish customer service" "great sir, ill note the account, that's it done sir thanks for calling." 

That confirms the belief that cust serv has, unbelievably for Virgin, has actually gotten worse.

ive unfortunately realised ill have to call them again to stop these and just get PACs for each number instead. but ill do that another when im in a better frame of mind.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: horrendous cust service? just me?

When there is no consequence for poor work ethic, and no reward for good work ethic, there is no motivation.

JoeKing1VM
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If I were you I would call customer service first thing in the morning 8am. Reason being you need to get you PAC details for each number before your account permanently closed. 

As for poor customer service I've experienced this for every day over 3 weeks with network problems. All my notes are there and I say I need to speak to Technical Support as Tec Support dealing with my problems and told me to call back with some information they need to help with my issues. So even that I've done all possible tests with customer services there before Tec Support took over, they at customer service still try to make me do their routine network and sim card /device checks and test. The point I'm making is if they took time to read my note's and listen to me and transfer me over to Tec Support in the first place it be saving my time and theirs  to deal with other's customers. And usually it's an hour before the  transfer me over to Tec Support after leaving me on hold for god know how long..

You not alone but for all the caring staff and those that actually know their job and listen my experience is there more bad  then good from staff in Virgin.. 

0 Kudos
Jostro65
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That seems to be at the heart of the problem, too busy reading a script to actually listen to you. Steps to be followed, no-one can tell them otherwise. It's soul-destroying at times, more than once I've had issues that I just couldn't force myself to call them up about and just lived with it.

Been with them forever since NTL days, bit I think once I move the phones I'll be moving the home services at first opportunity.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear this Jostro65

Have you been able to get this resolved yet 

Were both payments made by card or was one Direct debit and one card 

Can you let me know if you still need help with this

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Jostro65
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi G. Both were taken by card during the same call. Was clearing balance on a handset so i could upgrade. Hes obviously took it, for some reason thought it didn't go through, so took it again. £690 all in. Waiting on the refund but they said couldnt do it any quicker than the 7-10 days. Just an outright lie there in these days of instant and faster payments.

Just a horribly crappy experience for what should have been a run-of-the-mill call.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If something is taken from a card it is possible to refund back to the same account. I've never waited more than a day.

Regretfully Virgin never where quick in catching up on technology. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jostro65

I can confirm the blane can take a maximum of 7 days but it's usually a lot quicker than that 

Can you please let us know once you get this refunded 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos