Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

getting calls but not sms since porting from EE

I joined Virgin from EE a few months ago and ported my number to my new phone however SMS (and sometimes calls) still seem to be going through to my old phone (which i'm using as an ipod). Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting calls but not sms since porting from EE

Hi Ashpet1983,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that some of your calls and texts are going through to an old phone. I can appreciate you'd like to get this sorted out.

What handset are you currently using? With iPhones you sometimes need to manually change the phone number in the settings. 

When you send texts or make calls, does it always show the correct number to the other person?

Let me know.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

im using an iPhone 11 and it seems to be intermittent / sporadic with the correct number showing for some people and not for others. There are also some text messages that are only going to my old phone (iPhone 7 that was with EE).

thanks

ash

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ash.

Can you check that the correct number is showing on your new iPhone 11 in the settings and especially with imessages.

Do you notice if it's normal text messages or iMessages that you're having problems with?

Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that your phone number is correct

In iMessage got to  (Settings > Messages) and go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from”

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has the wrong number in the My Number section so I’ve updated that and it also shows correctly in the iMessage section.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully it's all working now, however if it's not then please can you try dialing your landline, or another phone, just to confirm which number the mobile is actually using now.

If it's still showing the old number then please follow the instructions below. 

https://appletoolbox.com/imessage-displays-the-wrong-phone-number-fix/

You could also check that you have all the correct settings for your Iphone11 from the following link

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-phone-settings

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos