Menu
patcaffr
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

get error message Network Rejection Cause SIM not provisionedMM hash 2 on new unused card

Brand new SIM card will not work get error message Network Rejection Cause SIM not provisioned MM hash 2 on new unused card

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: get error message Network Rejection Cause SIM not provisionedMM hash 2 on new unused card

Hi @patcaffr

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post about your issue with your new SIM card.

This error message is occurring because your new SIM card has not been activated yet. For steps on how to activate your SIM card, please visit Activate a SIM

Please let me know how you get on after this!

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
patcaffr
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: get error message Network Rejection Cause SIM not provisionedMM hash 2 on new unused card

Serena,

thank you for your reply , am I right in thinking you just put the SIM card in the phone and it should activate after a certain amount of time, I fitted the card over 24 hrs ago and I am still showing the same error message  with "No Service " showing on the phone.

The other problem is I have never used the original SIM card I got with my Virgin package (oomph) , this is a replacement card, so never registered a mobile account but I did set up a Virgin Media account, have tried to register a mobile account with the same details but unsuccessfully. I'm sure it asked for the password I used when I set up originally which was the Media account password. So I'm stuck if I do need to do something from a Mobile account to activate this card and I can't register to open a Mobile account where do I go?.

Sorry to be a nuisance any help would be appreciated.

Regards Pat Caffrey

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pat,

Thanks for getting back to me - our forums are here to help, so you are not being a nuisance at all!

Yes, you are correct on how to activate the SIM card. Thanks for letting me know that it has been over 24 hours and you are still receiving this error message.

I'd like to take a look at your account to see if we can get a mobile account registered for you. I am going to send you a private message now for a few details, please keep an eye out for the purple box in the top right corner of the screen 🙂

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Pat.

Can you please reboot your mobile handset for me and let me know if it's working now?

Thanks!

Serena

0 Kudos
patcaffr
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh it is thank you very much, made a call to make sure.

Now, setting up an mobile account any advice.

Regards Pat

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Excellent! Glad to hear it's working for you now 🙂

To set up your online mobile account, please

- Visit the account registration page here

- Enter your mobile number and select Continue

- A code will then be sent to your mobile, enter this code now

- Confirm your details and security answer

- Enter an email address and a new password then you’re all done! A confirmation email will be sent to you

Please bear in mind that the registration needs to authenticate via mobile data not over wifi as it uses the SIM to authenticate, so I would suggest turning your WiFi off and your Data on as you do this 🙂

Please let me know how you get on with this 🙂

Serena

0 Kudos
patcaffr
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Serena,

Sorry still can't register a mobile account, I enter the phone number press continue and it asks for a password and Account Verification.

0 Kudos
patcaffr
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry and it doesn't send me a code. My Wifi is of and Data on.

0 Kudos