Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

email telling me in leaving virgin mobile.

At 12.37 today (23rd) I received an email from medallia asking for feedback as I had decided to leave Virgin Mobile.

We're sorry to hear you've decided to close your <b>Virgin Mobile</b> account for <b>[REMOVED]</b>, we'll be really sorry to see you go. We'd really appreciate it if you could answer some questions about the way we handled your request so we can make improvements wherever we can.

I haven't cancelled my account and I've no intention of doing so.

I've logged into my account and there is no sign of anything strange. Can you check my account hasn't been compromised. Thanks, Peter.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: email telling me in leaving virgin mobile.

you might have to know you posted your mobile number

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are try to say. Yes, I know my mobile number is included in the Medallia email. Is that a problem on VM forums? Or that I should have included my number in the original message? Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I've just seen the follow up post from the Dan_M telling me I should have deleted my mobile number from my original posting. Apologies. What info do you need so that you can check out my problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

only problem really is you just told millions of people your number. Now be careful of messages and calls you get as you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK, so the VM forums aren't secure. If I get inundated with messages and calls I'll just have to change my number.
The problem I was referring to was the email I received asking for feedback after I'd cancelled my mobile account. Which I hadn't and have not intention of doing. I was hoping support could offer some help. Was it a phishing email and not from medallia? If it was a genuine email from medallia, where did they get the info that I'd decided to close my account when I hadn't. Any thoughts..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've escalated this to the team.

They will be in touch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've also received the same email today (23/12/2019) at 13:17.

Just like PeteW, I most certainly have not asked to close my account.

The email is from Medallia, so this looks like a snafu on VM or Medallia's part (likely) or a third party attempt to migrate numbers to another provider to collect commission or just cause aggro (less likely).

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

a public forum is only as secure as you make it. If you post information the world can see it. That doesn't make the forum unsecure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I have received the same email. Are these emails been sent by Virgin? or have the accounts details been breached? the email contained my mobile number and was sent to the correct email address
0 Kudos