cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM on a pixel 6 pro, success!

MattD101
On our wavelength

So just a PSA really.

I've (so far) successfully activated my eSIM on my Pixel 6 pro, so that I can have a 2nd physical sim in there from another provider, just in case I need a good data deal having used up all my VM data allowance.

My phone isn't listed as tested/compatible but so far it seems to work okay.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/esim-handsets

I needed to download the eSIM using the QR code which VM provided quickly through my account page but then needed to activate it separately in my account after downloading and pushing it onto my phone.
However, so far so good.

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thank for the heads up. May prove useful to others in the future.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AT19
Tuning in

Hi,

Where on the account page was the link to activate it?

I am really struggling to get my eSim to work and have no service at present.  I have it downloaded to my Phone (also a Pixel 6 Pro) but it isn't working.

Many Thanks.

Hi @AT19

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

When did you receive the eSIM from us please?

Do you have any other SIM card with us?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Vikki_M

I am an existing customer.

I had a physical sim.  This morning I changed my plan.  I enquired about eSim and was sent the qr code details via email to swap from SIM to esim.

I followed the process to download the eSim.  My physical Sim stopped working immediately but the eSim did not work.

I contacted customer services again and was told eSim is not supported on my phone.  And that I had to go back to a physical sim.  Crazy because if that is the case I should not have been sent the eSim in the first place.

Then I look at the forum and see that there are people who have an eSim working on the same phone I have.

No service at present and incredibly unhappy and confused.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply @AT19

I will send you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide