Menu
TheWomble666
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

eSIM Update

Right, 02, Vodafone and EE are now supporting eSIM's.

Yes I know the VM and O2 merger hasn't gone through yet, but there must be some kind of update or even an educated insight as too when VM will support eSIMS..... Xmas is coming and people are buying wearable tech so they need to know.....

Cheers In advance

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: eSIM Update

The problem is Virgin SIM cards are far from standard so whether they can technically work as an eSIM is one question.

Second in the past the introduction of such things is kept under wraps, even staff on here never know to very shortly before it happens, so I very much doubt you will get a reply other than "It is something we hope to offer in the future."

Don't forget Virgin are still scheduled to move to Vodafone towards the end of next year, with 5G on Vodafone beforehand. It's a confusing picture.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

myxie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, something has started happening: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/esim-selection

Looks like an incomplete placeholder.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Done some time ago? Phone list is out of date....been newer models since then 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Myxie, 

Thanks for your post and for using the forums to get this looked into. 

I am afraid we have no information to share about this particular aspect, but if you want to keep up to date with our business ventures you can view our customer news here

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos