Menu
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

complaint ref :C-1811202343

OK, this complaint was logged with VM and received a confirmation e-mail on 19th November., with the above reference number...

VM say they will be in touch within 28 days.....OH NO THEY WON'T

Now DECEMBER 22nd, not heard anything...by e-mail or phone...just silence (as usual)

Nobody seems to want to 'take ownership' of this complaint (along with many, many others from what I gather from this forum) 

Have today e-mailed a reply to the 'confirmation' e-mail stating that if there is no communication within the next 28 days, I will formally apply for a deadlock letter, and contact CICAS, as this is NOT ACCEPTABLE....

VM make promises they have no intention of keeping, and their 'we will be in touch as soon as possible, and no later than 28 days from this communication' is nothing short of LIES!!!!

VM have no interest in actually sorting out customers problems, because they have already got your signature on a contract, and are taking your money..you are no longer of any use to them, so they are not bothered about even making a 'token' effort to sort out problems..

To be honest, this is the THIRD complaint I have NEVER had any reply to, in just over a year, (despite VM promising to contact me within 24 hours (there's a LIE if ever there was one) and weeks later...nothing)

So, this one WILL go to CICAS, (already contacted them, and given details, just need the deadlock letter) and VM will (hopefully) be called to answer..

Lukebrittle24
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint ref :C-1811202343

I can certainly relate to this. I’ve been offered £50 for my XS Max by Virgin - an insult in itself.

my original device was faulty and after numerous long waits (by the way the best way to get through is to call the new business team who handle new customer requests 😉 who will then put you directly through to the people you usually wait 30 minutes to answer) I finally got through.

The original device was replaced and now Virgin, despite replacing the handset with a brand new device and directing me to an Apple repair shop to do so, hold no accountability whatsoever for the new handset apparently.

I’ve attempted and requested to make a complaint on three separate occasions after atrocious customer service experiences, and received absolutely zero further correspondence on any occasion.

The log in system and password essentials are embarrassingly poor, the teams seem to have no idea what to do or who can advise on anything and the contracts are so handcuffing. I can not wait to leave.

I also have no idea how long is left on my device specific repayments as you have to jump through hoops to be able to log in, unlike (as promised when setting up) being able to see all-in-one on your Virgin dashboard.

In short, the internal disconnect on their side is atrocious and that aligns nicely to the products (app) provided.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

tapioca,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you haven't had a satisfactory response to your complaint, have you now taken this to a 3rd party adjudicator such as CISAS ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

tapioca,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you haven't had a satisfactory response to your complaint, have you now taken this to a 3rd party adjudicator such as CISAS ?

Regards

Paul.

So Paul, Who is this reply meant for?? The posters on this thread are myself (HughJarsse) and Lukebrittle24??  No 'tapioca' posting here??

Once again, it appears that 'staff' jump into posts and don't bother to even read them sometimes....🙄

No wonder the whole system is dysfunctional when little attempt to even READ the post before replying is the common action....

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse Hope you had a nice Christmas and look forward to reading your missives in the New Year 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry about this, HughJarsse. 

I will send you a private message to be able to access your complaint and/or account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukebrittle24,

Is this for a mobile account? Unfortunately there isn't much I can advise regarding the security details, But I will send you a PM to confirm your mobile details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So, after a couple of PM's with Corey_c, it appears he can't do anything, as the matter is already being looked at!!

7 months after VM were first aware of the problem the complaint referred to, nothing has been done, no correspondence from VM (despite saying they will contact me within 28 days) in 46 days, and counting...As mentioned, on 14th Jan, the statutory 8 weeks will be reached. 

I will then request a deadlock letter, and pursue the matter with CICAS, (who are already aware of the problem, and are just waiting for the 8 weeks to aquire the deadlock letter and then I can finish the complaint to CICAS, who have promised to investigate. 

Totally 'cavalier' attitude from VM...Why say they 'will look into the complaint and contact me within 28 days' when clearly, they have no intention whatsoever of doing so??

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

'look forward to reading your missives in the New Year' 

Make the best of them Enli, there may not be too many more the way this bunch of cowboys is operating at the moment...

Currently really fed up with the lack of anything resembling 'customer service' and total lack of anything from the ' complaints team' (if it actually exists, and is not just another vm  'joke')

Cityfibre were digging up my area last year, putting in new fibre networks, and have had some info from them re 'going live in your area' in the coming year, so looking to see what they have to offer, and, due to this ongoing fiasco with otp/2fa, looking to move all the mobiles to '3', as more reliable by a million miles, (and customer service actually works, too!!)

Waiting to see how this complaint works out, and if it goes to CICAS or VM actually sort it out sharpish (probably no chance of the later though) 

Fed up with having to jump through far too many hoops here, and then still getting nowhere...VM make it obvious they are not in the slightest interested in 'customers' once they have your bank details to remove their monthly wages from. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse  Well I don't have any phones with Virgin as the EE signal round here is very poor.

We do have broadband but only Internet and phone and I have my own setup using a Nighthawk router and that has worked perfectly for years. BT have upgraded us round here in the last 6 months so that may be an option but some people have had problems 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos