Menu
bettola
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot set my password, the website is broken

Trying to register at https://mobile.virginmedia.com. It keeps saying my password doesn't follow the rule, but I have the green ticks next to it. Disgraceful! 

Screenshot 2021-09-19 at 16.38.35.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot set my password, the website is broken

Hi bettola,

have you tried using a different browser?

I believe you can only have a maximum of 10 characters for the password and it can only contain uppercase and lowercase letters, and the numbers 0 to 9 and the password must start with a letter.

It's entirely possible that your password does meet those parameters and the issue is with the actual email address. It doesn't like non alpha-numeric characters.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
bettola
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, tried with Safari and Chrome. Same outcome.

The email is automatically filled and that's my correct email 🤔

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bettola,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble treeing to register for a Mobile account online.

As you have already tried a different web browser, can we ask if you have deleted all cookies/caches and history and tried registering again?

You would need to use an obscure password that you have not used before. For more information about this check the link here. If you're still having issues, please come back to us and we can help you register from here for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos