Menu
datenzi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cannot cancel contract - Virgin Customer Support is rubbish

Hi,

Virgin has the most ridiculous customer support system.

The phone never reach an agent.

The message system agent cannot close my account.

All I want to do is to cancel my account and I waited for days and still cant do that.

Please do not buy any Virgin product if you see this;

If the support team see this please contact me ASAP

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot cancel contract - Virgin Customer Support is rubbish

I've been trying since April and even after the Ofcom regulated arbitration service told them they had to cancel and refund everything because they failed in their duty of care, they are still messing me about to this day, and now several weeks on after the ruling they appear to have lost the phone I was asked to return to them. It just gets worse and worse as time goes on.

Can I ask, are you paying off a phone?
Or is it just the services you're using, like... Just a SIM card?

If you're just using a SIM card and don't owe them anything for the phone its self, you can request a PAC code from them by logging in to your online account.
Luckily you can do this without having to speak to anyone.
You can then give the code to your new mobile provider, and it will automatically cancel your Virgin services and bring your number over to your new account elsewhere.

Good luck. I hope you can get this sorted out.

0 Kudos
datenzi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I call their sales team, the line reach a human being straight away. Then when asked if the sales team can cancel my contract they will say they are not allowed to do so, and so they transfer me again to he “cancel” team, but I waited 45 minutes no one picks up. This loop repeats

Whats worse is that they have send me a SIM card that doesn’t work. This means I can not terminate the contract by PAC.

But the clock already started, and I am being charged for service that virgin failed to provide. And I have no means to cancel.

what a joke

Inferno
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ohhh, datenzi. I'm so sorry, but welcome to my world.
I can't tell you the number of hours I have spent trying to sort my situation out after they systematically trapped me in my contract.

This company is an absolute joke.

Hopefully the forum team will be able to help you, they seem really good. They must be seperate from the rest of Virgin Mobile.

I get the impression that "Virgin Media" are alright customer service wise, but the "Mobile" side of things is dead in the water, which is why Sales and Forum teams are helpful, but then as soon as you get through to anyone from "the mobile team", you're doomed.

Can I give you some advise? 
Document and screenshot EVERYTHING.
Then if they tell you it's reached deadlock, and fob you off, you can take it all to Ofcom and claim that they have trapped you in a contract and "failed in their duty of care".

Good luck.

0 Kudos
datenzi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again and just for your awareness I have now cancelled the contract, with a fee..

I am writing to Ofcom or any other relevant regulatory body about the incident. The fact that I could reach their Sales team instantly but not any other customer support teams feel unethical. When the Sales team claim they do not have the authority to cancel my contract, coupling this with the fact the sim doesnt work, effectively while waiting for the new sim you can lose your cool down period to cancel without a fee. Then, by making it so hard for the consumer to cancel, the consumer can end up paying but not receive any service for months; or subject to a fee to cancel a contract Virgin never able to honour their service commitments.

I will try my best to escalate this as much as I can, the way Virgin Mobile treat customer is just disgusting.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Datenzi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you've been having trouble cancelling your account and for the experience you've been having with us, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

We're keen to ensure that this has been dealt with accordingly and a complaint raised. 

To do this I'm going to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos