Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cannot call I.O.M 07924 numbers from my uk virgin mobile

I have an ongoing issue with my free unlimited sim which came with my new OOOOmph package. I cannot call I.O.M numbers ie 07924 etc just does not connect I just get 3 beeps and then nothing this has been going on now for 6 weeks now I have had numerous calls to 789 to help resolve this issue 1st call they said I had not put a cap on international calls so I put £50.00 on account

2nd call after waiting 40 minutes to get through It must be your Sim they send me out a new sim I activate sim still the same  Surprise surprise it still does not connect 

3rd 4th and 5th call via 789 we will change various settings on my account and this will resolve it turn off the phone then wait 15 mins then turn back on will work fine after that ( GUESS WHAT IT DID NOT WORK ) last call Friday 27th June 2020 call upped to complaint they will get back to me after 5 days ? but while they are on the line I give them number I am having problems with they dial it from landline straight through then put me on hold for 10 mins to say they are going to talk to technical dept then come back and say the engineer tried on his virgin mobile and he could not get through ?

Put a £5.00 sky sim ( my sons sim ) in phone dialled the 07924 number straight through

So I have wasted over 3 hours and have not made any progress whatsoever, no one seems to be able to help or do not want to help? 

the feeling of frustration is overwhelming. 

Any positive advice would be welcome? Samsung s20 plus

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot call I.O.M 07924 numbers from my uk virgin mobile

What is the actual spending cap on your account? Not the international one.

If the overall cap is set to zero it will over ride everything 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there thank you for replying there is no spending cap 

it is a free sim with unlimited everything ie minutes text and data and no monetary limits it came with our oomph package

and they have checked to see if there are any restrictions and they say no also a virgin engineer tried to call the number and he got the same response

paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

also i forgot to mention my wife has had a virgin mobile for the last 9 years and she cannot call the ion either ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@paul87210 wrote:

Hi there thank you for replying there is no spending cap 

it is a free sim with unlimited everything ie minutes text and data and no monetary limits 

paul

The only thing is IOM is a chargeable call and will not be included in your allowance.

There will be a spending cap in place for none inclusive numbers. Caps were added to stop people running up big bills. 

I have one set at £10 even though everything is unlimited 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi thats why we put a £50.00 spending cap on international calls because the IOM comes under international or at least thats what virgin said

thanks  

0 Kudos