Menu
kristyon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

cancelling mobile

Tried to cancel a sim only contract 3 months+ ago. Did it online. Didn't need a new number so went for STAC. I assumed pressing the button on the website was all I needed to do, however, it now appears the website didn't work. I didn't understand why I needed a code when all I wanted was to cancel a contract. I already had a new number. I don't see why I should spend hours on the phone waiting for no one to answer. I have better things to do and frankly hate talking to people on the phone.

Have already cancelled Direct debit. Given COVID and some UK call centres closed (as advised on the phone) I was unable to get through to a human in a reasonable time until today, 3 months later or so after 25mins on the phone. I was informed by a very rude US agent that I couldn't cancel as the account has been suspended. Why should I pay for something I have not used (the sim hasn't been in a phone since we got a new contract elsewhere), the website did not work properly and I couldn't get through to a human in a reasonable timespan? I have no idea how I am supposed to cancel now. I tried to do the same thing through chat but was told it wasn't possible there either. I've now wasted another 2 hours and got nowhere. I asked for complaints department but told it will be 3-5 days before I'm contacted. I don't have much confidence given how I was treated on the phone and in the chat.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling mobile

Hi Krisyon,

thanks for your post, 

I am sorry to hear you have been having an issue with your cancellation, I would advise against cancelling direct debits as this can affect your credit score, you will need to clear the amount owed before we can cancel, you can also text text ‘STAC’ to 75075 to cancel. We cannot process cancellations via our forums

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos