Menu
AdamApostol
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancelling mobile phone contract

Months ago. I was asked to change my SIM to anew one otherwise my line will no longer be in service. I don't have the new SIM to swap the old one with. Spent months and months, made endless phone calls, sent emails for new SIM, never happened. I promptly received mails on the post from Virgin getting closer to the deadline stating that my line will be shot down unless I swap sim (which I don't have)
Been on many many online chats with Virgin, but they only wanted to help if I wanted to buy a new phone. When I said that I need a new SIM only, the chat suddenly was deserted. Same story on the phone. Hours of being on hold, when I managed to talk to an actual living person, I was told that they more than happy to sell me a new phone. When I said that I need a new SIM they said that they will contact me to the "team that dealing with that" and than put me on hold for an hour, than the line just went off. It wasn't a one off mistake, happened many times. When the time arrived, Virgin switched off my line, but still charges me for it. I called them again about 10-15 times since, with the exact same outcome. All helpful on the phone until I say I want to cancel, than the line suddenly drops. Cancelled my Direct Debit to at least get them to talk to me, but only received automatic emails saying that I have to pay.
This is clearly serves one purpose, get paid for nothing, and make it impossible to cancel.
Let me know what is the "official way" to cancel the contract, and I will do it straight away.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling mobile phone contract

Hello

If you want too cancel then you will need to call in on 789, or use the text messaging service https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/experiencing-an-issue, or one of the VM staff members can get a new SIM too you.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AdamApostol
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did that several times, sent text to 789, sent my postcode, never received sim. Since you shut down my line, I cannot send more texts to you as it not working. Same story with the app, since you shut my line down, the app stopped working because my non existing new sim is "not verified"  

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AdamApostol, thanks for posting and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry your SIM migration issue has led you to wishing to leave Virgin Mobile.  I would like to take a closer look at the issue. To enable me to do so, I am going to send a private message. please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos