Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cancel mobile contract

Hello,

I've been trying for 2 weeks to cancel my mobile contract. I've done the 'send PAC with your date of birth' to 65075 number several times, at different days during different weeks. I've tried to login to my account which isn't working either, when I try to ask for a new password as press the forgotten password button it says my account does not exist, I've tried using my email address(which you send my bills to) and my phone number. I've tried calling several times and spoken with one of your agents who informed me I had to do the cancellation through a phone call. But no one is answering and I really want to leave before I get billed again for a service I do not want

Can someone please help me with this? I don't know what else to do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancel mobile contract

I hear your pain.  

I have just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get may account sorted.  I contacted the customer service centre in May and said that I wanted to cancel my contract.  I was told that I needed to go online and get a STAC Code - which I did, I was also told that once Ive got my STAC Code my 1 months notice starts.  I stated on that phone call that I was moving abroad and he said that everything wold be the same.

The woman that I have just had to deal with was so incredibly rude - she would not listen, and kept talking over me.  I ended putting the phone down on her.  I hope that you get your situation sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@TracyB1965 wrote:

I hear your pain.  

I have just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get may account sorted.  I contacted the customer service centre in May and said that I wanted to cancel my contract.  I was told that I needed to go online and get a STAC Code - which I did, I was also told that once Ive got my STAC Code my 1 months notice starts.  I stated on that phone call that I was moving abroad and he said that everything wold be the same.

A STAC code on its own will not close an account. It has to be passed to another UK provider. I always advise that you use a family member or friend not on Virgin and get them to do it. Nothing changes on their account but yours comes to an end.

Did one for somebody recently 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Letmeleave94, thanks for messaging us

Text PAC to 65075, STAC to 75075

Can you confirm if you are leaving us and if so the PAC would need to be given to the new supplier - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris,
Thanks for replying
Yes I am trying to leave virgin mobile and sign up with a different provider

I have texted PAC and my d.o.b. at four different occasions and every time I have received "Sorry, our bad. We're having a few technical problems and can't do that for you right now. Please try again later when we should be back up running"

I have tried sending a message in different weeks, different weekdays and different times of the day to get my PAC code and I always get that reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Letmeleave94, I will send you a private message to get this resolved for you. Chris 

0 Kudos