Menu
roger30
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can't receive calls or txts after mobile switch

switched yesterday, today i can make calls and texts which correctly show as coming from switched number but I can't receive calls and texts. have restarted phone several times. seems part of porting process has failed. virgin texted me yesterday saying port was completed. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can't receive calls or txts after mobile switch

Hi there @roger30

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with incoming calls and texts after a number port. I have managed to locate your account form your Forum information and can see that we have raised an IT ticket to check the number port for you. 

This is raised under reference number P010125781 and we have a SLA of around 9th September. Please feel free to pop back at any time and we will be happy to check for any updates with you

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roger30
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie 🙂
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all @roger30

Hope to hear good news from you soon - please do keep us posted your end too. 

Have a good week and stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roger30
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My issue was fixed this afternooon (Tuesday, after switch on previous Friday). Recommend anyone who has issues after mobile number porting should sign up to virgin community and submit a post and also call virgin on 789 from virgin mobile or 0345 600 0789 from any phone. These numbers are not easily discovered in my experience, perhaps something for virgin to look into improving. My issue was fixed in 2 working days which I was happy about. I would have been a lot happier had I not had these issues at all. Anyone who is porting their number needs to understand that things can go wrong and if they are relying on 2-factor authentication as used by many banks now they would be well advised to allow 5 working days when porting for any issues to be resolved, which might result in them being unable to use their mobile service and 2-factor authentication during this time. I would expect any service provider to not only conduct the mobile number porting but to also test the porting has succeeded. It would appear Virgin do not test the port has succeeded. Had they tried to call my ported number they would have received the message all my friends received when they tried to call me after the port, "you've dialled an incorrect number". I would suggest Virgin consider this suggestion as a process improvement for their ongong service offering.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted with how this has progressed roger30, sorry for the initial frustration & inconvenience caused but I'm happy to hear things are resolved for you now.

We'll pass on your feedback about the contact options being hard to find, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
roger30
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom
Thanks very much for your response and thank you for forwarding my feedback on difficulty finding telepone support numbers. However, the main issue I have is how porting numbers can fail in such an obvious way (ie the number is stated as incorrect when dialed). As a user my experience tells me that the porting process does not seem to involve a simple test by the provider of the number after porting. This is the issue I'd most like to be fed back to the Virgin technical team and also to know what their response is.
Many thanks
Roger
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback on this Roger we can feed this back to the team but this would be done internally.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
roger30
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your reply Emily. I'm not sure what "but this would be done internally" statement in your response means. Does it mean I won't (and any other users in a switching predicament reading this thread) find out why Virgin don't appear to test number ports. Or does it mean the backoffice team will not respond directly to me (which I would completely understand), but instead someone like yourself would get back to me and the community and explain Virgins stance on number port testing.
0 Kudos