cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't make calls out on mobile - any ideas

QBQBQB1
Tuning in

Apparently due to local phone mast problems that have been going on for months, I can't make calls out from my mobile phone when at home.  I have spoken to Cust Services before now, but had to use my landline which costs me lots of money, and nothing was resolved, other than to tell me it's Vodaphone's fault?.  I cannot call 789, and the help- text number will not receive my texts!  There is no online chat any more.  I have the "slider" on my phone on, that says I can use Wifi to make phone calls, but when I try to call out, the phone tells me there is no mobile signal, and I should connect to Wifi to make a call.....  Please do not tell me to re-start my phone or take the sim out or anything silly, none of it makes any difference.  No idea when the outage fault is due to be fixed, like I said, it's been months? but that still doesn't explain why I can't call over Wifi...

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi QBQBQB1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the signal issues. Can you confirm, is this only at the home address or other locations affected as well?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

it seems to be just at home.  on the coverage map for Virgin and Vodaphone it says there is "something going on" at the mast nearby, but that has been going on for months - really irritating 😛  And intermittent - this morning I could actually make a call - but the person on the end couldn't hear me, I also received a text - but yesterday I could neither send or receive txts, nor make or receive calls.

I did get in touch with Virgin about this a couple of months ago, they gave me a couple of "free months" to make up for the long calls it took to them on my landline to try and get it sorted, they eventually realised it might be the mast and said it might be due to the Vodaphone alliance, but nothing has changed

....and once I had made that call, I couldn't make another 😞

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What phone have you got? You say you have a slider for WiFi Calling, but on certain android phones you also have to activate it in the pull down menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to me. I shall send you a PM now to get some details as we'll need to look further into this coverage issue.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the info - can you tell me what I'm looking for in the pull down menu please? I presume you mean when you drag down from the top of the screen?   I have an Ulefone Note 11P and it runs Android 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@QBQBQB1 wrote:

Thanks for the info - can you tell me what I'm looking for in the pull down menu please? I presume you mean when you drag down from the top of the screen?   I have an Ulefone Note 11P and it runs Android 11

Usually one of the round buttons which says WiFi Calling. However, I suspect it's not available as Virgin don't support that Make for WiFi Calling feature.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks