Menu
Shadowbon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can I reactivate my old Virgin mobile phone?

have an oldVM phone which went out of service over a year ago .Can I reactivate it?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: can I reactivate my old Virgin mobile phone?

Yes, but not with the existing SIM and phone number.  If a phone number isn't used for a period of time then the operator is obliged by Ofcom to "recycle" the phone number into a pool for allocation to new devices.  The period varies by operator, but the longest of which I'm aware is a year, and some are only 90 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shadowbon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, but I feel I may have phrased the question wrong. What I am really looking for is where can I reactivate it as the replacement service (Boost) is not as helpful as I thought it would be.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Where are you based as from your query I believe that you are not based in the UK and I am afraid that you have come to a forum that is for UK based customers only, isn't Boost based in Australia or the USA.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos