Menu
short_frank
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

after porting can't make calls

I have just joined Virgin and ported my number over. i recieved a text at 8:30 this morning saying it was succesful but I can't make calls but can recieve them. I can't call to rectify the issue and have been hanging on the Virgin chat line for 2 hours waiting to be transferred to a human, which the bot said would be in a moment. Can someone please help me with this issue

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: after porting can't make calls

Hi there @short_frank

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome on board. 

I'm so sorry to see you are having this issue with your phone! Can I ask what make and model the phone is?

Have you also updated the number in the phone setttings?

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
short_frank
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After over 2 hours of sitting looking at the Virgin Mobile help desk on my laptop (with a message from a bot saying "I will transfer you in a moment" someone finally answered and had the issue solved in 2 minutes by renew/refresh my sim. The service when answered was excellent but the wait to talk to a human is absolutely ridiculous and for that alone I wouldn't recommend the provider to anyone.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Short_Frank,

I am sorry for the length of time you had to wait, we did have an outage yesterday and this increased the volume of customers we had reach out to us. 

I am glad this has been resolved for you.

Zoie

0 Kudos