Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Your Account log in - not recgonised

Hi,

I have a Virgin SIM/account that I haven't used in 5 years because I moved to the USA in 2015. I'm trying to reactivate the account before returning to the UK next month. My current unlocked phone accepts the SIM, no worries there. However, the Virgin Your Account login page says I'm not recognised, even though each individual field (phone number, email address, and postcode) have the green verification ticks. I've tried every possible reset combination with no luck. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your Account log in - not recgonised

Hi angen

Can I ask if you've got the same SIM you had 5 years ago and did you continue to use it?  It sounds as though you did not, but I just wish to double check.  Because based on what you've advised it sounds as though your Virgin Mobile account as deactivated.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, 

Thank you for replying to me. Yes, I stopped using the number/account 5 years ago because I moved to the USA. But now we're about to move back and it would be useful to have a UK number now to give to removalists etc. Is there any way to reactivate the account from outside the UK?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ps. Sorry forgot to add. It's definitely the same SIM card

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd be extremely surprised if that SIM still works?  They usually deactivate after a period of not being used.  Especially if the contract was cancelled down to prepaid (formerly known as pay as you go).

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Aha, okay, thanks! I didn't know.  So is there any way of getting my hands on a UK SIM from here in the USA please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry.  We no longer actively sell pay as you go SIMS.  Therefore even if you had a UK address where somebody could forward it to you, from, that's no longer an option.  And obviously a SIM Only or contract would require a credit check.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I understand - thanks a lot for answering my query.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome.  Sorry I could not give you better news. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, that's fine, looks like I'll have to wait until we get back to the UK to do anything else. Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos