Menu
razor-rich
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You have dialled an incorrect number

Recently joined virgin from O2, myself and my wife ported our numbers over using the PAC code from O2, everything seemed to have transferred over successfully after 3 days except myself and wife cannot call each other. We both get "You have dialled an incorrect number". even though the numbers are correct. We have done our own research and even tried the online chat facility, the online chat facility was a complete waste of time as we received a response every 2 hours, then was told to wait while the operate has their 60 minute lunch, so gave up.

this is still a constant issue and this is what we have done so far.

• Turn phone off and one again.
  • went "Settings > General > Language and Region" and changed the region to Belgium. then did a test phone call (as instructed by the live chat). changed it back to UK and tried calling again - still no success.
  • tried both with dial assist on and off
  • reset network settings

none of the above has worked on either handset. does anyone have any other ideas? 90% off my phone calls are to my wife and vice versa and we cannot get through to each other.

0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: You have dialled an incorrect number

This may be an issue caused when porting over, it may not be simple to resolve.

first I'd, switch off both phones, remove the sims, if compatible place both sims in the others phone switch on and try again

If this still does not work then sadly you need to speak to them. I'll raise this to a moderator, keep checking back

0 Kudos
alexdc12
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue, purchased phone Thursday last week, inserted Sim Friday, was told switch would happen next day when i purchased. 

Contacted Virgin on Monday was told all was in hand it go through on Tuesday evening, Wednesday i still hadn't been transferred, spoke to virgin again yesterday and was told there was no Number porting on my account?! so got it setup again and today my o2 SIM has now stopped working and my Virgin SIM seems to have taken my number however i cant receive calls or texts on it, i can make calls though.

0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had this issue a while ago

go to settings

Language and Region

Region, choose United kingdom

job done  🙂

0 Kudos
razor-rich
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tried everything under the sun including what you suggested and this did not solve the issue. i have since moved away from virgin and wont be returning any time soon.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just changing things in dial assist alone will not be a permanent cure. Things need changing in SIM Toolkit

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
abro100
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this has happened to myself also. I got a new phone (Samsung 20fe and kept my sim and number) I seem to not be able to dial my wife, everyone else seems good to dial. I have tried what you suggested but it is still the same. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello abro100

Thanks for your post 

This is a very strange thing that is happening 

What Network is your wife on and has she any setting that have blocked your number 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Johnjohnjohn
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had same issue after transferring my number from vodafone, tried everything even changed both new sim cards from virgin mobiles.

then virgin mobile support raised IT TICKET from their system, later on some one called me in the evening  and ask to provide the accurate time and message details when using my wife mobile calling my number, then they can track the issue. I told them 3 different times from calling history, then the problem solved in the next morning. 

hope the information call help some one has same problem. Do not like me - spending a lot of time to call customer service and follow their support and try to change the setting on the phone. it’s network or number transfer issue! 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnjohnjohn,

Thanks for using the forums to spread some advice about this issue with your mobile service, I am sorry it caused some frustration for a time after your port over.

However I am glad it resolved itself after a few days, can I ask if you did anything with your phone settings or mobile handset?

It may have just been delayed service after porting over, but I would be interested in knowing if you did anything to kickstart it 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos