Menu
marlandj
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yodel parcel returned to sender

Hi there,

I recently ordered a new phone and contract from Virgin which was out for delivery this morning. However, Yodel's tracking is now saying that it has been returned to sender. They said in their email that it was due to be delivered at 9am. I checked it at half 8 ish and it showed the driver fairly close, but when I checked it again after 9am, it said that it had been returned.

I have spoken to Yodel who stated that Virgin had asked for the parcel to be returned to them.

Checking my order on the Virgin website it states that deliveries can be between 7am and 9pm. Should I be expecting my order later? I tried to contact Virgin but the LiveChat isn't the best and the call services are closed, understandably given that it is a Saturday. 

Would anyone be able to explain why it was 'returned to sender'? Especially confusing as the driver was somewhat close to my house. There isn't the possibility that I missed the delivery as I've been in the house all morning and took the day off to wait for the delviery; no one attempted to knock on the door or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel parcel returned to sender

Sorry to hear about the delivery of your mobile phone marlandj and understand the disappointment. I've taken a look at your details and can see that you've spoken to an agent since you last posted about it. Please let us know if you have anymore queries so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Eddie-Hitler
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel parcel returned to sender

Hi Marlandj, did you manage to find out the reason why your mobile was returned to sender? I'm just asking because this has just happened to me. After a lot of messing about I finally got through to an agent (Bren), he told me that the security team had triggered the return and I now have to wait upto 48 hours for them to contact me.

So frustrated! I was really looking forward to my new device. I wonder if any VM staff are reading this whether they would be able to help?

I hope you finally got your phone and everything is good.

Take care

Eddie.

0 Kudos