Menu
Maigon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Yodel have not delivered two parcels

After ordering an iPhone 8 Plus in early December 2018, I received an email from Yodel announcing that it had been delivered despite me being in the house all day. No calling card was left and the parcel was not visible around my property, and my neighbours had not received it on our behalf. I contacted Yodel and was told that the parcel was signed for by someone with the surname Briggs, not the surname of anyone who lives in my village or around my area. It was stated that the driver would return to my house the following day and show us where he left the parcel, however he did not show. Yodel then hastily informed me that it was Virgin's issue, despite telling me that the parcel was 'delivered to the correct address, a terraced house next to a thatched cottage - not my house) and that the driver had disconnected his location before making the alleged delivery. Virgin could do nothing but offer for a new phone to be sent out as a replacement, although I was later told that they were unable to do this and I had to buy a new phone. Now it's over a month later and I've had to order a different phone from virgin, not to mention I was charged for the phone that I did not receive and had to request a refund. Yodel confirmed that a delivery was attempted and had to be rescheduled, even though I stayed in all day to avoid missing the parcel. No calling card was left and there was no sign of the parcel anywhere. After rescheduling the delivery I received an email from Yodel yesterday claiming that the parcel had been delivered, which is untrue as the road I live on (A1 Lincolnshire) had been completely closed due to an overturned lorry containing 20 tonnes of sulphuric acid. Once again, Yodel have no details regarding the location of the driver and have not made any effort to trace the parcels whereabouts. Yodel have consistently denied responsibility and so I have ended up with no phone and a contract that is about to begin. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel have not delivered two parcels

Hi Maigon,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

I will private message you to get some details so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos