Menu
nimloth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrongfully charged for early cancellation

I cancelled my sim only plan within 14 days cooling off period (signal was non-existent so it was useless to me). I was ASSURED I wasn't going to be charged the cancellation fee.

Surely enough, about a week ago an invoice listing a £55 cancellation fee came. I contacted the customer care through private message here, was once again assured the fee will be cancelled. It's been a week and it's still there and looks like it will be taken out of my account on the 18th... I don't want bad credit so I can't not pay it but it's completely ILLEGAL to charge me!

Virgin has been nothing but an absolute disaster start to finish. I'm glad I switched to O2.

Still, I'd like the wrongful fee to go away. Anyone has had any luck dealing with a situation like this?

Thanks,

Paulina

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrongfully charged for early cancellation

have escalated this - i can see in another thread this was resolved or seemed to have been - wait for VM to get back here

Tony
0 Kudos
nimloth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony. Thank you. I thought it was resolved too but it hasn't... Thanks for escalating!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with a cancelled sim and being charged when advised you wont be.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos