Menu
carinaSyder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wrong plan

I recently upgraded my mobile plan by using the online order. I made this sometime in June. I dont really use my phone but only to send messages and make a phone which is not even often. For years I am with Virgin mobile with minimum plan of unlimited text, phone calls and 1 gb of mobile data. I did realised that the latest mobile plan I have is just mobile data of 1 GB and no text and call  allowance. This I found out just days after my 14-day grace period of the new plan. i phoned Virgin Media that it is surely a mistake and they said I cant do anything about it anymore and and bound with 1GB data only plan. as days go by I feel so aggrieved as I have to spend extra just yo make a phone call or send a message. is there no way out from this mistake? Thanks.

Inferno
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wrong plan

This sounds very similar to my situation.  After the 14 days, you're trapped and they're not interested in helping.

Are you on a Freestyle plan? I thought they allowed you to change your allowances?

Hopefully the forum team on here will be able to help you out, they seem really good unlike the rest of the clowns customer services.

If not, raise a complaint and ask for a letter of deadlock, then take it to CASIS - they will no doubt rule in your favour and instruct Virgin to cancel everything.

carinaSyder
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Where can I file my complaint and what is CASIS and how do I raise my issue to them? Thank you very much🙌🏼.

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the Forum Team will be able to help you and save you the trouble - they seem to be the only people at Virgin who care at all in my experience.

If you’re still getting nowhere, ask someone to raise a complaint for you, then ask for a letter of deadlock.
Once you’ve got this, you can take it to to the Ofcom approved Dispute Resolution service (CEDR) who will decide on the action Virgin needs to take.

Make sure you provide CEDR with a log of all the times you've attempted to reach Virgin within that 14 day window.

For mine, they ruled that Virgin had "failed in their duty of care", and that was the reason for allowing me to leave. (Now if only they would actually contact me to facilitate that.... Time will tell.)

Don’t forget to let Ofcom know about the trouble you’ve had by reporting them here:
https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Good luck!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon carinaSyder,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

We're terribly sorry to hear of your tariff mistake.

Let's see what we can do to rectify this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

teabag
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@carinaSyder I would say this mistake is all down on Virgin's side, not yours.

There should be no way you can upgrade a phone SIM only plan online to a data SIM only plan, this also happened to someone else a few weeks ago 🥴

As far as I can see, Virgin will only supply a Data-only SIM plan if you purchase a Mobile WiFi dongle or a Tablet from them.

Hopefully you will have this sorted quickly now a Forum Team member has stepped in to help 🤞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
carinaSyder
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
carinaSyder
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Inferno, @teabag and @David_Bn    Thank you for helping me out of this mess. So much appreciation to this forum and the people who guided, gave me some encouragement and helped me through it!🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Sorry I don't know how to tag the people who joined in my post.

0 Kudos
EP02
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I’m experiencing exactly the same problem where online it was advertised with unlimited minutes and texts but when the phone arrived it said it was a data only plan. I am still within the 14 days and cannot get in contact with anyone and was wondering if you would be able to help me with this. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning EP02 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to post. 

We will be more than happy to assist you with the issues that you are having. I am going to drop you a PM so that we can take a further look into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M