cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong contact display

PamGiles
Tuning in

Very annoying, my phone is displaying caller/text numbers and not names so I’ve no idea who’s calling. Phone has also added the prefix +32 on some text messages out…..can you help please?

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PamGiles,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back and for your post, sorry to hear your Phone is displaying caller/text numbers and not names so you have no idea who’s calling. and that your Phone has also added the prefix +32 on some text messages out.

Can you advise which handset you have and what you have tried so far?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thank you for your swift response. I have spoken with an agent and have hopefully sorted the problems. Time will tell……

Hi PamGiles,

Glad to hear you have managed to speak to us and possibly resolved your issue, as this is a community and any information will help other facing the same issue,, what was the issues and how have we resolved it?

Regards

Paul.

Hi PamGiles,

I’ve got a similar problem (except for the +32 part) what was the fix?

Regards,

Dave

Hi @Smoggy239 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you are having the same issues.

If @PamGiles could be so kind to come back here and report the fix, we would really appreciate things.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi again, I’m not sure if I’ll be much help as I spoke with a Virgin agent who advised my trying many things and I’m still not certain that the problem is fixed. As I recall go to:
Settings>scroll down to Phone>scroll down to Dial Assist and toggle to OFF
General>scroll down to Language and Region, change from UK to US and switch phone off. Restart
phone and go back to region, change back to UK.
I hope this is of some help.

Hi @PamGiles thanks so much for your help here.

If @Smoggy239 you could try this and let us know how you get on, that'd be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi PamGiles,

Thanks for your reply, the Language/Region change normally works ok for me but the problem kept recurring after initially being fixed last night - finally (for the moment) fixed after language/region change and removal/reinsertion of the Sim.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for coming back to us Smoggy239, I'm glad that the issues have now been resolved for you and I hope that you have no further problems going forward. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L